Friday, October 14, 2005

One of the classic blunders.

So I saw friends last night. And got drunk in my oh-so-fancy hotel suite. Quite drunk. I just went to do an interview for the Boston Herald in the hotel restaurant, still stinking of vodka. Oh well.

Big day today here in Boston, INCLUDING - and this is VERY last minute of me to be telling you this today, oh well - a reading at the Borders Books downton, on School Street. Then another event tonight, at Chez Henri, where I'll be served French food, again. And then I just got roped into going to ANOTHER dinner after that, at my hotel restaurant, which is, according to the Boston Herald reporter, who reminds me of my friend Dan-dan, the best in town.

And then home.

Thank christ.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

The Boston Herald? They won't even notice.

Dammit, Julie! Very last minute, indeed. We can't swing the $75 a head for tonight's dinner in Cambridge but would happily have gone to see you at the Borders reading. Oh well.

12:12 PM  
Blogger Julie Powell said...

I know, I know - I'm so sorry. I didn't realize until today that the Border's event wasn't on the blog. I'm an asshole.

12:59 PM  
Blogger No Sluggo Dave said...

Not to be stalkish, but the Border's event is listed here:

http://www.twbookmark.com/jrun/authorslounge/ontheroad.jsp?directory_contact_id=3272

1:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

at least you didn't get involved in a land war in Asia...

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home