Wednesday, March 22, 2006

The Long National Nightmare is (Almost) Over

Sorry I've been away so long. We've been moving! And Oh. My. God. The new place is just divoone. Seriously, I wake up every morning and want to die for happiness. Of course we are going to go broke, but who cares?

We also don't yet have internet, so I've been ODing on English Breakfast to justify the lengths of time I spend parked at the local tea shop. But, again, caffeine-induced delerium tremens is a small price to pay.....


Blogger cybercita said...

hi julie, nice to see you back. i missed you! hope the new place continues to bring you much happiness and inspiration.

7:58 AM  
Blogger bekah said...

Julie-- This has nothing to do with your post but I had to send it anyway. After laughing way too loudly while reading your book on a trip to Seattle last thanksgiving I knew all of my friends needed to read your book. I finally gave a copy to each on my most recent trip out to Seattle a couple weeks ago and just got this email from one. I thought I should share.

"so i just spent the last two hours laughing hysterically reading julie and julia. oh my gosh. i was crying and snorting and can't believe how great the book is. when i flipped through it at third place books i didn't get the whole experience. whew. i feel like i just worked out. what a perfect book to be reading right now. i have been so stressed out and i totally forgot all about everything and laughed away a whole afternoon. thank you thank you thank you. i think i am going to wander around seattle thrusting the book at strangers."

6:59 AM  
Blogger Dede said...

Julie -- I just finished your book this afternoon. I really loved it. I've been raving about it to all my friends. I'm going to be in Bath in a couple of weeks and want to visit Isabel's bookstore. I tried googling but couldn't find it. Any clues?

8:06 PM  
Blogger Julie Powell said...

Secession Books - 2 Trim Bridge.....

12:27 PM  
Blogger trish said...

Julie I have just cried all through the last chapter...thank you for putting your soul out there (even though you don't believe in that stuff). You obviously get it!
LOL Trish from OZ

10:24 PM  
Blogger Leigh C. said...

Mazel tov! You have a new place! We here in New Orleans salute you!
Now if you have any ideas concerning decorating on a budget, let me know, please. 8-)

To paraphrase my grandma, live in it well...

8:31 AM  
Blogger Jace said...

Congratulations, Julie! That's so exciting. Granted, it's easy to congratulate someone you don't even know, but after reading your wonderful book, I feel as though, in some small way, I know you a little bit. If only because we both felt the same way about Jula Child. And because, after reading "Julia/Julia," I felt inspired by you to start my own blog as a way of dealing with my own loathsome and dull job. (I work in television development in Los Angeles, which while it may sound glamorous, is far from creatively stimulating.)

Thanks for writing and for continuing to share your words with us.(I'd be remiss if I neglected to mention that I've been loving your NY Times Magazine pieces, especially today's "The Way We Eat: 'Home' Cooking," which was as beautiful as it was poignant.)


6:13 PM  
Blogger Aisling said...


Well done on your Blooker prize

1:03 AM  
Blogger Meena said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:58 AM  
Blogger Meena said...

I think your book is crappy! Its not your recipes and your writing sucks1 and just so you know, if food bloggers are "boring", need I remind you that started out as one? Not that you've reached anywhere! You still are very vey BORING!!

6:06 AM  
Blogger bocachick said...

Hmmm, the above blogger is boring to me!! ..but, really enjoyed your NYT Magazine piece yesterday. Excellent writing, beautiful pics, great layout...Sometimes it takes awhile to find one's true have certainly found yours...Congratulations.

8:18 AM  
Blogger Jason Boog said...

Great job, Julie. It's really inspiring to see all the new writing styles and voices coming out of blogs, blooks, websites, and everything else webby. I'll keep reading...

9:34 AM  
Blogger Lisa M. Henry said...

Here are the simple steps to add an email address to your Hotmail contacts
Hotmail sign in

Hotmail login

Sign in to hotmail

Recover hotmail password

Create hotmail account

Strike Force Heroes is a new game action-packed shooter from the creators of Raze; with 3 game modes, 15 campaign missions and over 65 weapons.
Strike Force Heroes | Strike Force Heroes 2 | Strike Force Heroes 3 | Strike Force Heroes 4

Slitherio | LEARN TO FLY

Tank Trouble is a very interesting flash game about tanks, about war and about destruction

Hotmail is known as the first email service in the world which is provided by Microsoft. Similar to Email accounts of Google or Yahoo, Hotmail is provided to users free of charge with easy account creation and high security.
hotmail sign up | log in to hotmail | hotmail review | close hotmail account | create a hotmail account

8:11 PM  
Blogger Cretu Ciprian said...

This is a great web site. Good sparkling user interface and very informative blogs. I will be coming back in a bit, thanks for the great article. I have found it enormously useful.
y8gold , , frivallgames

3:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home