Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Incoming....

SO. It turns out I'm going to be on Good Morning America tomorrow morning, about 8:40 am EST. Please to watch...

Also, the tour schedule, to the best of my knowledge, is as follows:

Sunday, Oct. 3, 3pm - Reading/Signing, The Great Read in The Park, Bryant Park, NYC, Tent C

Wednesday, Oct. 5, 7pm - Reading/Signing, Vroman's Bookstore, 695 E. Colorado Blvd, Pasadena, CA

Thursday, Oct. 6, 7 pm - Reading/Signing/Food demo, Third Place Books, Lake Forest Park Towne Center, 17171 Bothell Way, NE, Lake Forest Park, WA

Friday, Oct. 7, 7pm - Reading/Signing, Powell's Books, 1005 West Burnside St., Portland, OR

Sunday, Oct. 9, 5 pm - Talk/Signing/Hors D'oeuvres, Ouisie's, 3939 San Felipe, Houston, TX (Hosted by Brazos Bookstore)

Monday, Oct. 10, 7 pm - Reading/ Signing, Book People, 603 North Lamar, Austin, TX (co-hosted by Texas Monthly)

Tuesday, Oct. 11, 12 pm - Talk/Signing/Lunch, Bartolotta's Lake Park Bistro, 3133 East Newberry Blvd, Milwaukee, WI (Hosted by Harry Schwartz Bookshop)

Tuesday, Oct. 11, 7 pm - Reading/Signing, Harry Schwartz Bookshop, 2262 South Kinnickinnic Ave, Milwaukee, WI

Wednesday, Oct. 12, 7pm - Talk/Signing/Hors D'oeuvres/Dinner, Dinners Together, 1292 Rickert Dr., Ste. 108, Naperville, IL (Hosted by Anderson's Bookstore)

Friday, Oct. 14, 7pm - Talk/Signing/Dinner, Chez Henri, 1 Shepard St., Cambridge, MA (Hosted by Porter Square Books)

Wednesday, Oct. 19, 7:30 pm - Reading/Signing, Barnes & Noble, 4 Astor Place, NYC

Friday, Oct. 21, 12 pm - Talk/Signing/Lunch, Santa Rosa Jr. College Culinary Cafe, 458 B Street, Santa Rosa, CA (hosted by Copperfield's)

Friday, Oct. 21, 7pm - Reading/Signing, Book Passage, 51 Tamal Vista Blvd, Corte Madera, CA

Tuesday, Oct. 25, 7:30 pm - Talk/Signing/Dinner - Pascal's on Ponce, 2611 Ponde de Leon Blvd., Coral Gables, FL (Hosted by Books & Books)

Sunday, Oct. 30, 12:30 pm - Texas Book Festival, Austin, TX, location TBA


Oh, and also - keep your eyes peeled for a thoroughly bitchy review in this weekend's NYT Book Review. Written by a contributor to Vanity Fair Magazine, which published a piece about how Nigella Lawson is an overweight Jewish husband-murderer, so we don't care, do we?

19 Comments:

Blogger Anita said...

you know what? A NY Times review is a NY Times review. Someone in high places thinks it's note-worthy.

Plus, can it be any better/worse than Joe Queenan's review of AJ Jacobs in which Queenan called Jacobs a Jackass. Or if it is, you can SOOOOOO get a good story out of it!

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9904E4DD103BF930A25751C0A9639C8B63

11:56 AM  
Blogger Anita said...

Besides, Julie--you're in the top 100 books at Amazon!

YAY!!!!

12:00 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Your book is my staff pick this month, so pffft. I've sold four just on my verbal recommendation last week.

Two stores in WI and none in Minneapolis? Sadness.

12:01 PM  
Blogger arwen said...

Agh, can't get to Bryant Park this weekend. We moved to NJ and are in the hellish throes of unpacking and settling in. (I HATE MOVING!) Apropos of nothing, I used to occasionally take a bus from Queens Plaza and pass right by your place on my way home. Damn, what a noisy street that must be....so much truck and bus traffic.

You're signing at Powell's in Portland? Hee! Keep an eye out for their store cat.

Nigella is a goddess. Of course we don't care what this twerp writes.

2:44 PM  
Anonymous Carroll said...

But of course, had we been through what you've undoubtedly been through in the writing of this puppy, we jolly well WOULD care, and care deeply! Does Julia offer any recipes for "Thick Skin"?

4:31 PM  
Blogger Julie Powell said...

I know! I'm actually reading with AJ Jacobs at the Big Read this weekend! So we can commiserate! That was the worst thing ever...

I just read my LA Times review, and I have come to the conclusion that men, as a race, excluding one, are just a bunch of fucking assholes.

5:52 PM  
Anonymous Jo Ann Cope Powell said...

Best interview ever! You looked great.

Love to you...
Jo Ann

7:11 AM  
Anonymous Ann in DC said...

Wouldn't you know that normally I watch Today, but my husband was flipping channels just as your segement on Good Morning America was ENDING! I was in the kitchen making my coffee and I heard "Jlie Powell" and i was like "WHAAAATTTT?!", ran to the TV and you were gone. So depressing! I am sure it was great.

p.s. Where are the DC area appearences? Unfair! ; ) not your fault, i know.

7:29 AM  
Blogger Anita said...

I saw the LA Times one, too. And I agree the author was lame.

But after living in LA for 10 years, I'm going to blame food snobs instead of all men. ;-) LA has so little to be proud of that it tries to make it FOOD LOVE a badge of honor.

Whatever....

I'm so psyched for you!

9:28 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

I'm happy to see you'll be busy, busy, busy promoting your book, but I'm very sad to see you won't be coming to Denver. Tattered Cover is a great place to have a reading! Can you suggest to your publicist that they add on a date or two in my fair city?

10:15 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I get to Seattle on Friday, so will *just* miss you. Grr. Please give our Nation's Capital a chance. Olsson's Book is a great indy bookstore, as is Kramer Books, and god knows we would LOVE to have you.

I'm re-reading your book slowly and finding it funnier the second time, plus you keep showing up as a minor character in my long night of dreams where nothing can come to closure and again and again my co-workers and my family conspire to make me crazy (which is true in life and should be excluded from all dreams, in my opinion).

Keep up the good work Julie! You look fantastic, and sound great, and if you can keep this up, will certainly get the movie made.

11:33 AM  
Anonymous Jess said...

And of course -- you will be in Cambridge when I will be in Arizona, of all places! Man. Please keep us posted if any of the dates/places change (especially if there will be another Boston/Cambridge/Massachussets wherever (!) visit!) Missed the TV thing today, but congratulations for all the publicity. Enjoy!

12:17 PM  
Anonymous Jenny said...

Hi Julie! I just heard of your book and your blog today, and I am so impressed in so very many ways.

In addition to being impressed, I feel like I have found a kindred spirit. I, too, am an actress from Austin, Texas. I'm around your age, working in a suck-y secretarial day job, living in a crappy small apartment in New York with a crappy small kitchen, constantly asked when I am going to "settle down and have some children". And my hobby is cooking! And I actually started blogging two days ago to make me feel better about my life. But it's not about cooking.

So, good for you! I applaud you and your success, and I can't wait to read your book.

I wish I could make it to your book signing in Bryant Park, but I'll try to make the one in Astor Place. And I'm sending my mom to the one in Austin.

Congrats!

2:20 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Review in the Saturday edition of the WSJ!

I marked my calendar for your Austin Book People visit.

Safe travels!

6:19 AM  
Anonymous Meg said...

Holy shit, why didn't I know there was a blog that you still do?!?!

You inspire me!

12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Julie. I took a pic of you at yesterday's NYT Great Read event. Would like you to have it, but can't find an email address. Must be me. Anyway, if interested: mikecane@wildmail.com

4:52 PM  
Blogger claudia said...

Hello, congratulations for your book "Julie & Julia. I have a food blog too..

http://receitasquotidianas.blogspot.com

1:13 PM  
Blogger disa said...

h漫,成人漫畫,免費A片,色情網站,色情遊戲,情色文學,麗的色遊戲,色情,色情影片,同志色教館,色色網,色遊戲,自拍,本土自拍,kk俱樂部,後宮電影院,後宮電影,85cc免費影城,85cc免費影片,免費影片,免費小遊戲,免費遊戲,小遊戲,遊戲,好玩遊戲,好玩遊戲區,A片,情趣用品,遊戲區,史萊姆好玩遊戲,史萊姆,遊戲基地,線上遊戲,色情遊戲,遊戲口袋,我的遊戲口袋,小遊戲區,手機遊戲,貼圖,A片下載,成人影城,愛情公寓,情色貼圖,情色,色情網站,色情遊戲,色情小說,情色文學,色情,aio交友愛情館,色情影片,臺灣情色網,寄情築園小遊戲,情色論壇,嘟嘟情人色網,情色視訊,愛情小說,言情小說,一葉情貼圖片區,情趣用品,情趣,色情漫畫,情色網,情色a片,情色遊戲,85cc成人片,嘟嘟成人網,成人網站,18成人,成人影片,成人交友網,成人貼圖,成人圖片區,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人光碟,微風成人區,免費成人影片

9:29 AM  
Blogger jerome said...

merci pour ce film. Votre histoire est superbe ! merci encore

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home