Monday, July 02, 2007

All work, doncha know...

So after an arduous morning of doing laundry, reading Bruce Chatwin, and writing in a cafe whilst eating dulce de leche churros dipped in hot chocolate, I needed a break.

(Seriously - I forgot to get money out for my churros, and I wound up having to go to THREE banks to get out the 20 pesos I needed to pay. Buenos Aires ATM machines were FUCKED UP today. It was brutal.)

So I decided.... to go to the track!


Hipodromo Palermo is a beautiful, and enormous, track. At least as big as Belmont, if not bigger. And their picnic tables totally have ours beat.


If only because they are populated by charming portenos.


The races started at 3, and go until TEN O'CLOCK AT NIGHT. These guys are serious.


As the sun sets, everything looks more beautiful - the horses, the jockeys in their silks, the churned-up track.


But I wimped out. The wind kind of went out of my sails when I bet the trifecta (2 whole pesos!) on 8 1 6, and it came in 1 8 6. The kind of close that just makes you sad.

But I promise, I will be back. And I invite you all to come with me. And women get in free! Buenos Aires is my kind of town.

12 Comments:

Blogger Samantha Merrill said...

those are some interesting thoughts .. and quite entangled .. not matter how tired when essay writing i cannot write as hazy as you

6:18 AM  
Blogger jacksmith said...

https://kodi.software/
https://plex.software/
https://luckypatcher.pro/

6:57 AM  
Blogger Richard Majece said...

I advise you to check https://resumecvwriter.com/blog/teachers-cover-letter out if you want to know more about writing cover letter. It will be useful at least for teachers

5:00 AM  
Blogger Akash Kumar said...

Droid4x is the most populer app for better gaming experience.Download it now.

1:35 AM  
Blogger andrewmedford said...

Whereas a resume provides more factual and brief information about you, your educational background, experience, and qualifications, a cover letter is written as a more subjective paper that reveals more information about your personality. You can ask professionals to
write my cover letter.

2:11 AM  
Blogger Jatin Sethi said...

Does the office treat individuals of any age together? Or on the other hand are teenagers kept isolated? Research demonstrates that youngster tranquilize rehab has a higher pace of progress if the pre-adult patients are carefully isolated from grown-up patients.What about the 12-advance model: does the office buy in to that? Provided that this is true, know that there is an otherworldly part to this sort of treatment.
recovery quotes
addiction recovery quotes

1:04 PM  
Blogger Diane Kiton said...

You can buy blog article for products in order to inform the public about whether or not they should buy the latest gadget or for your personal topics https://exclusivethesis.com/buy-a-blog-article/.

4:08 AM  
Blogger Corey Barlow said...

Otherwise, such an error will decrease your grade; https://josepewiliam.splashthat.com/ your instructor won’t be as understanding as a high-school teacher. The student wants to purchase an essay because they have other responsibilities, such as caring for their children.

5:22 AM  
Blogger yanmaneee said...

kevin durant shoes
yeezy
yeezy shoes
lebron 17
pg 1
hermes
curry 6
yeezy supply
supreme new york
curry 7

5:32 AM  
Blogger Nina Willz said...

Word conglomeration of don't you recognize. Used to complete a sentence containing information that is really obvious. Henry Miller became a bigger-than-lifestyles all-American creator. His work becomes floor-breaking and breathtaking. However, he could also communicate.

Cargo Service in Sharjah
Cargo Service in Abu Dhabi

5:21 AM  
Blogger yanmaneee said...

lebron shoes
supreme new york
yeezy boost 350 v2
curry 6 shoes
kobe byrant shoes
supreme
yeezy
kd 12
curry
offwhite

2:31 AM  
Blogger Alex Bornt said...

Hi. I had an exciting situation several years ago. I invested a small part of my savings with an investment company in one of their projects that they advised me. And I forgot about it. Literally, 2 weeks ago, I received a call from this company Aetrust and said that I could take a commission from my deposit. It turned out to be a huge amount.

5:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home