Wednesday, June 20, 2007

And at the end of it all, Argentinian Flag Day!

So, after a depressingly uneventful day, I finally got some work done. I went to Santiago Gatart's restaurant, The Standard.

There I got connections for meat stuff. Going to get to go to a slaughter house, hopefully. To see water buffalo get killed. This, I must confess, is my idea of a good time.

Afterwards, in this weird way that people who have just done me a great favor have, I was treated to a free meal.

Cheese Empanada, spicy beef croquetas, lamb ravioli, roast kid with raisins and pine nuts, and a sort of candied fig crepe thingy. All DELICIOUS.

And then I came home to the sound of firecrackers outside my window. It is Argentinian Flag Day. To which I say Huzzah!

Will write about the family I encountered at the restaurant on my MySpace (I know, I know...) Page.


Blogger Juno said...

Oh god, you're going to make me join myspace just to find out what you're up to?

Cruel indeed.

6:14 AM  
Blogger glycerin said...

hey girl,

glad you made it safely. there's no way I'm going to myspace, but I'll check in on you here. I'm loving Los Angeles - such a great change of pace from NYC, but I guess you know all about that..... woo hoo!

Be well!


10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home