Tuesday, November 08, 2005

We are experiencing technical difficulties...


Blogger whackpatti said...

I am devouring every page of your book! I, who does not give a rusty fuck about cooking or cookbooks. Although I do quite enjoy eating. Candy is my favorite food. What I love most about your book is the way you talk about your friends. I can actually "feel the love" with every mention of them and that's how I feel about my friends.

6:12 PM  
Blogger Daphne said...

Hey Julie!!! I picked up your book on Sunday at Barnes and Noble while my husband and I were hanging out there...It was lying on top of some cookbooks all alone (and I think just waiting for me!) Anyway, I'm half way through it, and it ROCKS!!! I don't think I could ever split a calf bone or kill lobsters, but you made it palpable for those of us reading the book. Good luck with all of your writing and cooking!

11:32 AM  
Blogger James E. McWilliams said...


While you're experiencing technical difficulties, let me say thanks to you for mentioning our yahoooo-Texas reading and my book in your blog. Probably the best advertising I've ever gotten. Also, look for a very SNOTTY review of by book in tomorrow's Times. Ugh. And last: I've got bags under my eyes due to you, as my wife kept cracking up while reading your book in bed all week. Keep up the wonderful writing.
Jimmy McWilliams

4:31 AM  
Blogger Jody said...

Hey there. Just had to stop by and let you know that I was here. My sister emailed me today and said she's reading this funny book (yours) and that you remind her of me...so I went on search engine and found your blog. I just started my own this week...and although I haven't picked up your book or learned much about what we have in common, other than I am also a 32 year old woman who has a blog, I will invite you to stop by and glimpse into my crazy life. I'll add this- have been a guest on the Oprah show...but have yet to write my own book. Maybe I'll come back here and ask for advice when I decide to do so. You can tell me what a book tour is really like. Good luck with the sales...I'll be sure to buy a copy next stop at the B & N!

7:41 PM  
Blogger perturbatrix said...

Julie, I'm a fellow woman with the "syndrome." Somehow, I finally managed to get pregnant with it, after the age of 30, and now have twins! I had to come and post because I recently discovered and just finished your book. Now I can prove to my husband that I'm not the only one who goes ballistic when a recipe doesn't work. Similar to your Sauce Tartare, I've had my own Buckeye bashing incident when the damn peanut butter balls were too mushy to actually roll and my own deviled egg pounding event when the stupid eggs wouldn't peel without the entire egg falling apart. You were killing me with the icing recipe. JC or her editors should have change it to "a bowl," not "the bowl," but the words "Set aside." after the first instruction tipped me off immediately as to where you went astray.

Good luck with everything!! I'm looking forward to your next book.

12:05 AM  
Blogger trailingbuffalo said...

JULIE, Oh, JULIE . . . . where ARE YOU????


10:59 AM  
Blogger Aisling said...

Welcome to Ireland! There was an article about the blog/book on Saturday in the Irish Times. Apparently the book wont be published here until Feb. Luckily I have a hand delivery coming from NYC this weekend. :)

2:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home