Friday, July 06, 2007

I know what you're thinking.


But it's okay. That red stuff splashed across my muzzle is just the new baby calf's afterbirth.


Pretty cute, huh? So cute that I'm not going to spoil your cute high by telling you...


...what Mama had just finished eating right before I took this picture.

I think maybe she's a Scientologist.

Of course, the fortuitous birth of a calf was not the reason I was at this campo this morning. I was really here to see these guys:


Water buffalo. Cute as the dickens. Dumb as posts. Doomed.

4 Comments:

Blogger da butcher said...

oh god julie! you are my hero!

4:03 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

You really should adopt that adorable little calf as your rescue cow from the marrow bone incident.

I first read your blog about a year after the Project, and annoyed my now ex-husband mightily by discussing it, and telling him how much I related to what you were writing. However, it did lead to the last birthday gift he ever gave me, and the best. A copy of your book, and one of MtAoFC. Which I must confess was closely tied to the very last Christmas gift, "I, Claudius" on dvd. I keep meaning to have an I, Claudius drinking party with wine and meringue mushrooms, since my sister and I are allergic to real ones. I'm glad I found your new blog, and I hope you're having a wonderful time in Argentina.

10:07 AM  
Blogger Jane said...

wow ! I'm totally in awe here ! I found your blog ! I actually found it ! lol. now at risk of sounding like a gushing fan- I keep it short . BUT I had to say - I've just finished your book- and it was fab ! I laughed sooo much. You've inspired me too ! Thank you !!

7:44 PM  
Blogger da butcher said...

adopt the calf?!!!

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home