Monday, April 21, 2008

In agreement with Patton Oswalt on this.

Birthdays just aren't what they used to be, are they? I celebrated mine primarily by not cleaning the house, catching up on Battlestar Galactica, and having more facebook friends than actual ones send me felicitations. Which is pretty much what turning 35 merits, I guess.


Blogger O'Reilly said...

It's been a good year, hasn't it? Congratulations on the success of the book and the movie. Neither Bohjalian, Coben, or Brown had the sense to write themselves into their most successful books. You did. Cheers!

1:15 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Hi Julie,

Just stopping by to say hi. Happy birthday, by the way!

I'm a writer in Seattle, and a fan of your work. Can't wait to see the movie! I thought you might enjoy a new blog project I have begun with a woman in Marseille, France:



1:33 PM  
Blogger Grammy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Julie. It seems like only yesterday you were worried about turning 30. See how easy it was? Each year gets better too, believe me.
Lotsa love, Grammy

1:38 PM  
Blogger JenK said...

Hm. Today is my father's birthday too. Every year he'd talk about going to the 1962 world's fair, since it was a) local and b) opened on his birthday.

I always wondered if he was hinting that he was disappointed that we hadn't arranged a similar celebration for whatever year it was :)

4:03 PM  
Blogger MaggieQ said...

Happy Birthday! Loved your book and have given it as a present to several people. Made me laugh out loud on the subway (kind of embarrassing). You've accomplished a lot for 35! And as my mom says when I'm moping about my b'day (just turned 30) - at least I'm still alive. :-) Cheers to that!


5:18 PM  
Blogger tina said...

HBD Julie!

I say celebrate for a good long time by not cleaning the house! It is an excellent way to continue on trend. You might want to add eating badly at least once a day----- I think it will set the tone for what will be a completely fabulous year to come!!

5:34 PM  
Blogger Heidi said...

Happy birthday from a non real friend, though i feel pretty real, sitting here. :o) And Patton Oswalt is an unsung genius.

6:48 PM  
Blogger WendyWings said...

Happy birthday although in NZ it was over yesterday lol.
I don't remember turning 35 it was obviously a non event for me.

9:51 PM  
Blogger Jenn23 said...

Well, Happy Birthday! I'm glad that you were born! Thanks for your book and I can't wait to see the movie. Still waiting with baited breath for the next one!

Hope your day was wonderful!
Monroe, LA

10:27 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Happy (belated!) Birthday!! I turn 45 today, so no matter how old you are, just remember that there's a fan in California who's 10 years older!!

I decided to read your book after I finished "My Life in France," and I shall be forever grateful to you for letting me experience Julia's cooking vicariously through you. I now have neither need nor desire to cook aspic, but I may still attempt something yummier.

I hope that all is well in your life, and congratulations on the success of your venture!!!

11:14 AM  
Blogger WriterBarbara said...

There were some funny moments in the movie, and I could realate to living in LIC, as I did for a couple of yrs. but torturing animals is never funny.

Calf's hoof (aspic) think about it. Would you cook your cat alive? Well, maybe you would. I dunno.

The lobster scene waas particularly gruesome. We have no right to treat living breathing creatures this way. Shame!

Next time try some veggie recipes. Creative and delicious, healthy for you and the environment. A computer geek and blogging expert like yourself should have no problems googling a few cruelty free, healthy veggie recipes from various sites, Veggie Times, for one. papaya, kiwi, quinoa. amaranth, cous, cous, tempeh, pesto risotto, might find a new way of cooking and entertaining, your way...forget Julia Childs. she sounded like a bumbling idiot half the time, anyway!

5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home